Saturday, January 28, 2012

Awards and New Followers!

Wow, so much has been happening! Over the last couple of weeks Writing Fire's gained a lot of new followers. Plus, Lara Schiffbauer gave me the The Versatile Blogger Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award. And then just this morning, the crew at Route 19 Writers gave me the Liebster Award, which is secretly one I've always wanted.

To accept these awards, I have to hand them on to a certain number of people. The Liebster Award is for those with blogs with under 200 followers (yeah, I just scraped through!), that I think should have more. I also have to write five things about myself for that one. The others are self-explanatory.

So, my five things:

  • I'm about to buy the scripts to the original Star Wars trilogy so that I can sit down to the movies with them and analyse the storytelling. I know, I'm that cool.
  • I recently discovered the Go Teen Writers community. If you're a teen writer, then I definitely recommend becoming a part of it - this bunch of people are awesome!
  • My friends keep telling about this weird place called Owtside. Outside, maybe? I don't know how you spell it. Sounds kind of strange to me.
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • I estimated the other day that I have well over 30,000 words of plotting and backstory written out long-hand in my notebooks. Yeah.
As a bit of a challenge, I thought I'd give these awards to a select group of only my latest followers. So here goes!


I'd like to award the Liebster Award to:

Rachelle Rea
Len Lambert
McKenzie McCann
Ruth
Alyssa

The Kreative Blogger Award and The Versatile Blogger Award go to:


Lydia Kang
PK Hrezo
Nick Wilford
Kamille Elahi
Brenda Sills
Sarah Elizabeth

And here are my other newest followers (if your blog isn't linked, then I couldn't find it):

Dave Amaditz
Erica Vetsch
Dianne Gardner
Medeia Sharif
Lola Sharp
DEZMOND
Theresa
Diane Fordham
JM Cooper
Roland D. Yeomans
Kelly Valentine
Bethany
Meg Dunley
Mohamed Mughal
Bethanne
Sarah Faulkner

Go check out these blogs!

And also, I should mention as a bit of a sidenote: if you are a fan of awesomeness (which I know you are), then you should definitely check Writing Fire on Thursday. Something exciting is coming. And there will be free stuff.

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the awards! And on the followers boost. I just found your blog from the GTW facebook page, so I'm a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards. I love the indecisive line ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the award, and congratulations on your own.

    Writing down 30,000 words by hand is an achievement all on its own. Also, I wish you luck finding the story elements of Star Wars. Do tell us your findings. It's hard not to get caught up in the special effects and world-building in those movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna: Thanks for the follow! You're number 200! :)

    Kelley: Haha, yes :) I think it's pretty good :P

    McKenzie: No worries, I'm quite liking your blog. I will keep a mental note to share my findings, and also to stay focussed :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! What a blast to come to your blog and discover you'd bestowed two awards upon my surprised and happy blog! Thanks!

    And what a fantastic idea to study the Star Wars scripts along with the movie! I love out-of-the-ordinary ways of learning things. And yeah, you're way cool!

    Hey, I've got the same indecisive talent. I like to think there's some benefit to it—please tell me there is!

    Can't wait until Thursday! Your comment about being a fan of awesomeness made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards! I can't imagine getting 30K down in handwritten notes -- my hand would snap off at the wrist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this! And congrats to you too. I'm afraid I've not been a great follower because I haven't managed to comment yet - we're having a very busy few weeks. But I will say your blog is excellently written, so you deserve these.

    That IS a cool thing to do with Star Wars! The original trilogy is so bound up with nostalgia for me, it's hard to view the story objectively.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all your awards. I think outside is a bit overrated, personally :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for mentioning me! And congratulations to everyone who got an award! And I agree, Go Teen Writers is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your awards! You definitely deserve it! And thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your a triple-crown winner! That's cool about the Star Wars scripts. I love all things Star Wars :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude! You jumped 100 followers like that! Great job!

    And 30,000 words is the length of my first novel. That's so much plotting!

    -Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new (and many) followers, Nick! Oh, and thanks for the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I’m Jamie – Director of Outreach at Scripted.com. Thank you so much for the tops. They were really helpful. For writers, we have a ton of paid work at the moment. For content buyers, we have flat-rate purchase options for blog posts, tweets, and other types of content! We hope you give our service a shot – You can reach me directly with any questions at jamie@scripted.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are awesome. I usually reply to each one individually, so please click the "Subscribe by Email" button or check back here in a few days to see my response. Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...